[mapguide-users] Categories.txt still a problem on linux

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 3 12:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi Jo,

Is there any kind of monitoring tool in Linux that shows failed file opens?  MapGuide is obviously not looking in the right place for the files, but it's hard to know where it IS looking ;)

It's odd that none of the files are being picked up...  I believe those environmental variables are case sensitive; assuming you set them up in uppercase?

Also... This is probably a server issue, but grasping at straws...   I think that Apache may strip out environmental variables when it starts up.  I wonder if there is a way of setting PROJ_LIB and GDAL_DATA in the apache conf file?

Jason