[mapguide-users] Packaging MapGuide Site for Clients

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:55:28 EDT 2008

Unfortunately MapGuide does not have application publishing capabilities at
the moment, though that does sound like a very nice feature to have, and
would make deployment even more simpler.

A pseudo application publishing technique is possible if you use MapGuide's
www root as the point of deployment (and you are using PHP). Simply make
that directory reachable via ftp (with privileged access), and you should be
able to deploy web applications that would immediately register on the
affected site.

If you are using .net, that would require additional configuration that
would make the above approach un-feasible. I dunno about java.

- Jackie