[mapguide-users] Packaging MapGuide Site for Clients

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Mon Oct 6 20:34:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:13:38 -0700, AmyN <amy.norcott at cardno.com.au> wrote:

> is there a way that we can package a MapGuide site so that we can
> deliver it to an external client (similar to a PMF in ArcGIS)
>
> What we are hoping to achieve is to be able to provide the data/site
> layout to a client independantly of our server so that they have the
> website available in their office. If they need changes, we can update
> their map from our office and send them a new package. I'm not sure if
> this is do-able.

This is the way that we deploy sites from our development servers to
(either our own or our clients') production servers. For maximum
portability you'll want to use only static resources that are stored in
the repository. Database connections and featuresources connected to
unmanaged resources will require some tinkering after deployment, but
static resources get included in the package and it is pretty much a case
of load the package and everything works.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.