[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2000 FDO

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Tue Oct 14 12:44:06 EDT 2008

This may be more of a Mapguide Studio question but I will ask it anyway.

I have built a datastore in SQL Server 2000 that works will with Autocad
Map 2008. I can store and retrieve features using the Autodesk provider
for SQL Server.

I am using MG Studio 2008 and would like to build a data connection to
this SQL Server datastore. I have copied the SQL Server entry from the
providers.xml associated with Map 2008 to the  Mapguide Studio
providers.xml and the MGOS providers.xml. I have also copied  the
following 3 files to the FDO folders  for  MGOS and Studio:

Autodesk.Gis.Fdo.Providers.SQLServer.Overrides.dll
SqlServerOverrides.dll
SqlServerProvider.dll

In studio when I create a new data connection, I do not see SQL Server
as an option. Can Studio be set up to use this provider with MGOS? Are
there licensing issues?

It appears the SL-King provider requires SQL Server 2005 and I am not
sure my client wants to upgrade or even use the SQL Express version.

I can fall back to my MySQL based solution if needed but the client
would prefer SQL server.

Thanks

George McLean