[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2000 FDO

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Oct 14 13:39:38 EDT 2008

George,

Those are part of Autodesk's proprietary SQL Server provider, so yes
there are likely licensing issues.  It may work with MGOS, but you
probably legally have to have a license for MGE to use it.  If your
client prefers SQL Server you may be better off moving to Map
2009/MGOS2.0.2/SQL Server 2008.  This allows you to access SQL Server's
new Spatial support, and doesn't lock you into the semi-proprietary data
structure of the original ADSK SQL Server provider.  It's a relatively
untested provider though...

A couple things to check on your original problem:

- is the FDO version the same between Map 2008 and the version of
MapGuide you are running.

- have you re-started the MapGuide service?  The providers list is
cached.

You should not have to modify your Studio providers.xml list; I believe
that the local FDO installation is only used for load procedures.
Everything else should use the Server providers.  Could be wrong though.

Jason