[mapguide-users] RE: MapGuide Open Source Web Studio

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Oct 20 12:52:49 EDT 2008

Sometimes it makes sense to spend money on software that is the best tool
for what you are doing.  Some purists might think that all software should
be free and open source, but the reality of today is that spending some
money on some software while working with open source software where it is
suitable generally makes the most sense.  Autodesk MapGuide Studio is not
expensive (relative to other commercial IDE type products) and IMHO the $495
is worth the money.  I still use Maestro in the cases where the Autodesk
product is deficient; such as moving or copying resources while retaining
their relationships.

As Zac mentioned, you can download a fully working 60 day evaluation copy of
Autodesk Studio (with the MapGuide Enterprise download) at
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10301587.  For
what it's worth, myself and many of my clients work with MapGuide Open
Source using Autodesk MapGuide Studio.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
www.SpatialGIS.com