[mapguide-users] TileCache, dynamic layers, and the Session

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Tue Oct 28 07:42:30 EDT 2008

Dear all

If I'm dynamically adding a session-specific layer to a map that employs
base layer groups (i.e. tiles), is there any way to avoid having a
session-specific tile cache generated?

The dynamic layer is served via a separate request
(GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE) as a separate image - so in theory I should be
able to have one tile cache used by all sessions.

If this isn't possible it rather defeats the object of having a tile cache
at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Stuart