[mapguide-users] Is it possible to publish a session layer as WMS ?

carls carlshe at 163.com
Tue Oct 28 09:00:55 EDT 2008

 I now use MG OS + Openlayers to develop a WebGIS system.

I defined a basic map as base layer, and want to use a dynamic layer ( for
example, clone a existing layer and modify its filter).

Normally, it seems I should define a runtimemap wraping the cloned layer.
Yes, I tried it. But with openlayers, if the mapguide layer is used as
overlayer, there will always be a 'access denied' message shown. I have had
a post about the MapGuide overlayer with Openlayers.
(http://n2.nabble.com/Access-denied-for-MapGuide-Overlayer-%28with-patched-MapGuide.js%29-tt1307180.html#a1307180)

So I intend to use the Mapguide WMS. It seems MapGuide can only publish a
predefined layer as WMS.

Is it possible to publish a session layer as WMS ?

Thanks!

-----
Regards, Carl SHE