[mapguide-users] Adjusting subsequent views

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Sep 5 07:01:26 EDT 2008

I don't mind at all; thanks for doing it.

Just as an addendum to this discussion about adjusting map configuration
dynamically, my next challenge is to update the feature class of a layer
based upon the current map centre point. In other words, as the user drags
the map around, at certain positions the underlying database table for one
of my layers needs to change.

Back towards the start of this thread, one of the suggestions for adjusting
the intial map view was:

"2. modify the ajaxviewer"

Is this my only option to set a layer's feature class dynamically? My
current thinking is to override specific tools (such as pan) to call a
custom PHP which ultimately redirects to the Ajax Viewer.

Any thoughts on this?