[mapguide-users] Missing Java samples/documentation on opensoruce site

inspiron2 vistav20 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 10:34:42 EDT 2008

I have just started to experiment with MapGuide open source, and wanted to
share a few comments.

Thanks very much to all the contributors to the Open Source initiative. I
appreciate that it is a community effort, and largely maintained by
volunteers out to help others. I thought that the following may help others
in my situation.

1. The downloads page on open source site misses a couple of files for Java
samples (javasamples and the sample data). They are referred to in the how
to install samples document, but can't be found on the downloads page. I had
to download the trial version of MapGuide enterprise, and obtain java
samples files from that package. (note: need to modify "mapguide2009" to
"mapguide" to make those samples work).

2. The packaged install does not configure httpd.conf properly if choosing
the Java option. I had to follow another document in the Enterprise install
package to manually configure tomcat and apacher properly.

thanks