[mapguide-users] mapguide and fusion - a status report

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Sep 25 20:43:12 EDT 2008

Hi r0ss,

My suggestion would be to wait for the Fusion 1.1 release, and then just replace the existing fusion directory.  Once that is in place, you'll have to patch the existing templates if you're using them:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/676

This requires a bit of skill with the patch command (uh, and you have to install it from Cygwin or GnuWin32 first).  If you have a decent text editor, you can alternately do a global search and replace in all of the index.html pages under fusion/templates, replacing:

OpenLayers.String.translate(

with

OpenLayers.Lang.translate(

You'll also likely want to look into the new Fusion single file build process, as it really improves initial load time.  I've written about this before:

http://tinyurl.com/fusionsf

The build system in trunk might be even better (combines CSS files as well), but I haven't had a chance to see if it works with the 1.1 branch yet.

Jason

________________________________

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of r0ss
Subject: RE: [mapguide-users] mapguide and fusion - a status report

This is a great note to provide clarification for those of us who missed
some of the other threads.

Quick question - does a document exist that outlines the changes that one
would need to make to upgrade MGOS 2.0.2 to version 1.1 of fusion - you
mention some minor changes need to be made?

I assume I would spent an hour or so on Nabble trying to figure all of this
out and a summary document would be greatly appreciated until all of this
gets sorted out.