[mapguide-users] Labeling CompositeType Symbols

Franco Caloni francomailing at nitris.it
Tue Apr 7 11:57:30 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have created my own composite symbol definition, and, with Maestro,
succesfully added the symbol to the layer definition.
Everything works except that I'm not able to add a label to the symbol.
I mean....
when you style a layer adding a feature label, at runtime MapGuide
"automagically" show the label in a position where it does not overlay the
other displayed features.

I want to label my symbol in the same "intelligent" way of <label> element
does for the "standard" <PointRule> object

But when I try to add a <label> element to <CompositeRule>, Mestro tell me
that "label" is not valid.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Franco