[mapguide-users] re ; mapguide integration with google maps

Berdel, Brian brian.berdel at mcmtrans.com
Thu Apr 9 09:46:20 EDT 2009

The KML does not work with the current version of google maps, this is a known issue for google.

If you are using fusion, you can theoretically overlay a mapguide map onto google maps in Fusion 2.0.
I started testing this last week, but have been too bogged down to finish testing.  I was able to overlay my map onto google maps, but there was a coordinate system issue and a problem setting the extents.

Jason wrote a script to fix an extent issue and also helped out with the coordinated system since Mapguide does not have it as an option.

So the short answer is that there is not an easy way to do it.   As soon as I get some time to finish testing with google maps and fusion2 I will document the procedure and post.   (But I am leaving for a long weekend this afternoon, so it will not be until next week...)

Brian