[mapguide-users] creating georeferenced world file[jgw file]

aktaylor akt at frikshun.com
Tue Apr 14 11:31:00 EDT 2009

Sanjay,

Did you get an answer to this?

Can you send me a code snippet for the generation of your JPG file from the current map view as well as how the world file was generated?

Thanks,

Allen

Dear Sir/Madam

I am new to programming open source mapguide[One Month].I have started to like it and catching it really fast.But presently i have stuck with a problem which i think can be solved with your kind support.
The scenario is this that i want to generate the georeferenced image of the current view of the map.I have successfully generated the jpg file of the current map view now I want to generate a .jgw file also of the generated image. I know that to generate to world file[.jgw file] i need to know information of the below mentioned six line:

Line 1: A, pixel size in the x-direction in map units/pixel
Line 2: D: rotation about y-axis
Line 3: B: rotation about x-axis
Line 4: E: pixel size in the y-direction in map units, almost always negative
Line 5: C: x-coordinate of the center of the upper left pixel
Line 6: F: y-coordinate of the center of the upper left pixel

I can generate all the values except Line 1 and Line 4. It would be very helpful if you could help me out with this. Also if you can provide me with a small working example code.[I am doing allmy development . net].

Waiting for your quick reply and help.

Thanks & Regards
Sanjay Pandey