[mapguide-users] Unable load PostGisProvider on Ubuntu 8.04

Takashige takashige.nakagawa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:53:51 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Mapguide Opensource 2.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server and it's running
fine.
But I get "CLNT_8_UNABLE_TO_LOAD_LIBRARY" error when I try to use
PostGisProvider (ver3.3.1).

PostgreSQL + PostGis seems running OK because I can create and refer to
geospatial-tables on my server.
PostGis Provider is built with no issue. No depenancies for the fdo provider
are missing.
But when I run the Mapagent's GetProviderCapabilities, it returns the error
above.

Do I have to do any spacial configuration or something to connect to
PostGis?
My PostgreSQL is version 8.3.7.

Thanks.

Takashige