[mapguide-users] Problems with MGOS 2.1 test build 4114 and Fusion 2.0

GreenMapSanMiguel webmaster at SMAmap.com
Sun Aug 9 15:21:17 EDT 2009

My application worked rather nicely on test build 2.1 b4090 except for a
severe issue with FDO connections not being released.  This FDO problem
appears to be resolved in test build 4114.  Unfortunately, I'm encountering
some new problems.

Selection issues:

After loading the map and doing a search, selection of a feature
(setSelection with zoom) works the first two times a feature is selected
from the results list except that the selection is not highlighted.  The
status bar and selection pane do correctly show that 1 feature is selected.
In previous builds the feature was highlighted correctly.

The third and subsequent times a feature is selected, a series of pink boxes
with an 'x' in the upper left corner (broken image link?) appear instead of
the map.  Clicking on one of these boxes causes the map to reappear with the
correct extents for the selected feature (but the feature still is not
highlighted.)  Looks like it is trying to display a tiled map, but I am not
using tiling.

Background issue:

The background image used during load is now showing through my map's
background.  I display text using a transparent png on a green background
while the map loads.  This same text now shows on my map's beige background
when I zoom out far enough to see some of the background.  (The features
obscure part of the text, it only appears where there are no features.)
Here's the css:

#Map {
  background-image: url("/images/map/mapLoading.png");
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-position: center;
  overflow: hidden;
  z-index: 0;
  background-color: #E8F39B;
  border: 1px solid #404040;
}

Overview map:

This is also working diffently than before.  Sometimes the red-dotted
selection box is not completely contained within the Overview Map pane.

Please let me know if I can provide more information or do additional
testing.

Andy