[mapguide-users] Administering site remotely

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Tue Dec 1 15:05:59 EST 2009

I agree.

Your url should be http://servername:8008/mapguide... or http://ipaddress:8008/mapguide...

However the error you presented suggested some network address translation is in play which may mean the IPaddress of the machine doesn't match the network address the users should use. If the servername url above doesn't work you might have to edit the serverconfig.ini and the webconfig.ini and set the ip address entries to match one you can ping on the network (a routable address). You will need to restart both services.

Of course that still doesn't help with the 8008 port if that's blocked by the firewall.

You may be stuck until your IT guy gets back.

Dave