[mapguide-users] Problem setting up connection with Maestro and SL King Oracle Provider

Flavio Hendry flavio at hendry.ch
Wed Dec 2 06:27:46 EST 2009

Simon Pelicon wrote:
> I do not have such problems with Maestro.

Hi Simon

I suspect it is the same problem I have with Studio and related to
projection. When I create the Oracle Tables with FME using EPSG 21781
(which is the Swiss Projection or "CH1903.LV03/01 (Bern 1898 (Bern) /
LV03)") there is no way to see the data in Studio, which often crashes
with "MgCoordinateSystem InitializationFailedException" when loading a
layer in a map ... When I create the tables using "XY-MT" as
"projection" everything works in Studio (will check later with Maestro,
however I am quite sure it is the problem there too). It seems that
Studio/Maestro/MGE do not properly support Swiss Projection in
connection with Oracle. In Studio a map recognizes the coord sys as
CH1903 and sets is (details see above; despite the fact that it often
bangs when doing that) however when loading and styling layers I get the
following in the log:

Error: Failed to stylize layer: bodenbedeckung
         The coordinate system initialization failed.
         The failure occurred internally when calling a low level function.

BTW: same problem with the autodesk Oracle Provider ...

Mit herzlichen Grüssen / Best Regards
Flavio Hendry