[mapguide-users] Problem with the dwf viewer and a reverse proxy.

Nick Sebastyan nick_sebastyan at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 05:43:39 EST 2009

Greetings all,

 Information's :
     I use mapguide open source 2.02.
     The mapguide server is behind a firewall and it is accessed from a proxy using  apache server.
           Example:  #mapguide
                            ProxyPass /mapguide http://mapguideserver:8008/mapguide
                            ProxyPassReverse /mapguide http://mapguideserver:8008/mapguide
          External access url : http://mapguideexternalalias/mapguide

Problem :
     The dwf viewer does not display the map, it displays all the other frames correctly, i.e tbFrame, taskFrame and from the mapFrame only the                 Layers  and Properties panes. The ajax viewer works perfectly.
     I have noticed in the logs of the apache server that the dwf viewer tries to access directly the server that is behind the                                                   firewall,  http://mapguideserver:8008/mapguide,  not the alias that is configured in the proxy,  http://mapguideexternalalias/mapguide.
    This happens only one time when the dwf viewer tries to get the map.

Request:
  Does anyone have a solution or a hint or something that my help ?

Thanks.