[mapguide-users] cannot read coordinate system from mysql database

Hardt preinhart at environcorp.com
Fri Dec 4 09:49:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I remembered from reading about spatial extension in mysql, and I am not
sure that you can use the coordinate system stored in mysql
"out-of-the-box".

SRID - A Spatial Reference Identifier (SRID) defines the properties of the
coordinate system. MySQL stores the SRID of any spatial objects and it can
be extracted, but it is not used and the coordinate system is always
supposed to be planar.

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/4.1/gis-with-mysql.html
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/4.1/gis-with-mysql.html

I am not sure if I answered your question, but that may help you.

Cheers,

Hardt