[mapguide-users] Should I give up?

Neil_w nwilson at sec-landmgt.com
Tue Dec 8 10:51:26 EST 2009

Thanks to all for the suggestions and encouragement.

I'll try to address a couple of responses in one post.

To Dave Wilson regarding connecting to the WMS you posted:
Here is a screen recording of what I get when I connect to the WMS.

http://screencast.com/t/N2UwM2Rh

As you can see I cannot get to the point where I can access any classes.
What am I doing wrong?

Once I am able to successfully load a map from a WMS I'll tackle coordinate
systems and transparency techniques.

Also, if I download a trial version of MG Enterprise, could I get by with
just using the documentation along with MGOS and not install MG Enterprise?
I'd really not want to go through another install and set up.

To Mark P. regarding using Map 3D: I am able to connect to and load WMS maps
into Map 3D via FDO. I also can load Raster images sucessfully. The process
does not translate to Maestro however as the dialogues are different and I
am not able to connect to either sources in Maestro.

Please see my screen recording above for connecting to WMS.

Here is a screen recording showing my connection to a raster image (TIF).
Again, it doesn't want to work.

http://screencast.com/t/NDA4Zjdk

Again I ask, what am I doing wrong here?

Also regarding Mapguide Studio to load DWG's: As far as I know I can't get
Mapguide Studio unless we buy Mapguide Enterprise. As I have mentioned a few
times, that is not an option right now. Perhaps I'll have to resort to
translating DWG's for now and if we decide we want better DWG capabilities
we could consider purchasing Mapguide Enterprise, unless there is another
means to load DWG's directly. On a side note, is there a way to translate
and load DGN's?

Again thanks for the encouragement and help to all who have replied. I'll
keep hammering for a few more days and see if I can get past this block in
the road.