[mapguide-users] Trouble getting started

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Wed Dec 23 11:40:44 EST 2009

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.  I did reboot after the installation.  This is a
32 bit OS.  I chose the IIS installation with .NET as the API.  The
mapguide logs are all empty except for Error.log.  It only has one entry
- "Success: Server started.".  I looked through the event viewer and
found one mention that the MapGuide service failed to start in a timely
fashion (A time out was reached - 30000 milliseconds).  So, I checked
and sure enough, the service was not started.  I started the service
manually, but I still get the same error when I try to log in.  I didn't
see any other errors.

Jon