[mapguide-users] Issues with FDO GDAL provider and large download size

adnanc adnan.chughtai at keynetix.com
Tue Feb 17 05:20:29 EST 2009

Hello all,

We have a large amount of Aerial Photography in ECW format that we have been
serving in MapGuide 6.5 with no problems.  Using a bandwidth monitoring
tool, when accessing the aerial photography layer the download size is
approx 200 KB.

The same data is now being served from MapGuide Enterprise 2009 using the
FDO GDAL provider and the download size for the data is approx 5 MB.

Both MapGuide 6.5 and Enterprise are using the same source data, any ideas
as to why such a large amount of data is being downloaded when using the FDO
GDAL provider, we are using the following FDO version: 3.3.0.

Many thanks,

Adnan