[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 20 11:38:51 EST 2009

Hi Carl,

To my knowledge, the only person who is even thinking about implementing
a Silverlight or Flex viewer for MapGuide is Haris Kurtagic; there are
no RFCs or initiatives that I know about to create this.  Flex would be
desirable from a cross-browser and installation base perspective, but I
think that we probably have more .Net developers in this community than
Flex developers, so it may make more sense from a maintenance
perspective to go with a Silverlight viewer.

If you have a business need for a vector-based viewer and development
resources or funding to apply to it, please feel free to start that
conversation :)

Jason