[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Feb 20 12:27:50 EST 2009

The viewer and the performence of it has continued to be an issue for us. We
were backed into a situation where we had to continue using the DWF viewer
because it was the only viewer capable of delivering the application we
develop at a usable level of performance on MapGuide 2009. I myself am not
at liberty to make decisions as to what I am assigned to work on. If there
was work being done on a new viewer in the community it would not be
unreasonable for our organisation to help in the development if it
potentially made the difference between being able to migrate from Mapguide
6.5 to 2009. If the new viewer is just an idea which was never developed
then at least I know what became of that. I suspect that the viewer is
probably just going to be one of a number of issues which would need to be
overcome in order to make MapGuide 2009 workable for the project we are
trying to use it for.