[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

alucas alucas at svl.es
Fri Feb 20 12:57:56 EST 2009

Hello,

It's the first time that I see this thread. We are using both mapguide
enterprise/open source since the first official version (2007/1.0). We've
tested both viewers (DWG and AJAX) and we're using AJAX viewer because in
som administrations ActiveX plugins are a security problem. So, my question
is if is the mapguide (with AJAX viewer) more slowly than other servers? If
I configure the same project with mapguide and the ajax vierwer and
MapServer is mapguide more slowly? I know Mapguide 6.5 and I'm agree with
Carl, accessing through internet (low bandwith) the activex viewer is
faster. When the application is running in LAN, I don't see any difference.

Thanks.