[mapguide-users] Regarding--Selection of Features

ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM
Wed Feb 25 04:02:20 EST 2009

Hi All,

I am creating a GIS .net application by using c#, asp.net, MGOS.

I have created my own page as start up page. In start up page I have the
following aspx elements

<head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

<FRAMESET  rows="12%,72%,16%" frameSpacing="0" runat="server" >

    <frame id="frameTitle" runat="server"  marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" scrolling="no" src="header_index1.htm" />

      <FRAMESET  cols="40%,60%">

            <frame id="frameMyTaskList" runat="server" name="frame2"
src="MYTaskList.aspx" />

            <frame id="viewerFrame" name="viewerFrame" runat="server"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" src="MyViewerPage.aspx"
/>

    </FRAMESET>

    <frame  id="frame4" runat="server" name="frame4"
src="BottomPage.aspx" />

</FRAMESET>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    </form>

Now further MYTaskList.aspx page of frameMyTaskList frame is having the
following elements

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    <asp:HyperLink id="lnk1" Text="Task1" NavigateUrl="~/Task1.aspx"
runat="server">

    </asp:HyperLink>

    </form>

Then in Task1.aspx I have the following elements

<script type="text/javascript">

        function MySelection() {

            var selectionXML = '<%= selectionXML %>';

            //alert(parent.parent.frames[1].name);

            parent.parent.SetSelectionXML(selectionXML);

        }

    </script>

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlSelectMapName" runat="server"
AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged=" ddlSelectMapName
_SelectedIndexChanged"></asp:DropDownList>

  <asp:DropDownList ID="myQuery" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"
OnSelectedIndexChanged="myQuery _SelectedIndexChanged" >

                    <asp:ListItem Text="Item1" Value="
Item1"></asp:ListItem>

                    <asp:ListItem Text=" Item2" Value="
Item2"></asp:ListItem>                </asp:DropDownList>

                <asp:Button runat="server" Text="Show "
ID="btnShowSelection" OnClientClick="javascript: MySelection();" /></td>

On ddlSelectMapName _SelectedIndexChanged  I have generated the map at
run time which is rendering perfecally.

And I have generated the selctionxml in code behind on
SelectedIndexChanged event and is coming pefectally in MySelection
Function of java script, but the problems comes at
parent.parent.SetSelectionXML, I am unable to get the reference of
parent.parent.SetSelectionXML, and also tried in some other ways around
but not getting success in getting the reference of mapFrame or
parent.parent.SetSelectionXML.

I am generating the maps by using the maestro API on run time. So by
setting the MYTaskList.aspx as Initial Task In TaskPane I was not able
to generate the run time maps because it always overwrite my map. so I
had to make my own custom page and call it from my own frame.

Please assist how do I get the parent.parent.SetSelectionXML in my
scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain Birlasoft confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail(administrator at birlasoft.com) immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."