[mapguide-users] Multipart Polygon features and ToolTip MouseOver

northtron rnorthcott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:42:03 EST 2009

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to MGOS 2, from 1.2, and so far I like the changes.
I've loaded a polygon SHP -> SDF that has multipart Polygon features in it.

This is no problem for labelling, etc, but I find when there is a multi-part
polygon, my Tooltip box will not show up unless I directly hit one of the
multi-parts. It will not render on any part of a multi-part feature.

And sometimes this can be a Land Parcel with a small sliver on one side of a
road, and a large 400 Acre parcel on the other, but the 400 Ac parcel will
not show the Tooltip.

Does anyone know of a work around for this, or should I just explode my
Shapefile before uploading to my site? <-simple quick fix, but also disrupts
the selection feature for multi-part polygons.

Almost seems like the Point in Polygon routine only checks the first (or
last) part of the multi-part feature and gives up.

Anyhow, any insight would be helpful

-Ryan