[mapguide-users] Mapguide opensource very unstable problem

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 04:21:54 EST 2009

this might be affecting you as well

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/726

the new king oracle is much faster, I have actually been confident
enough to deploy it
into production for a one intranet site

in my testing it I did see similiar problems still though, it's much
more reliable
with smaller date sets, denser data causes problems

that said if you are still using 10.2.0.1 , i would **so** recommend
upgrading to at least 10.2.0.3,
initial oracle releases have lots issues and there was a lot of
spatial fixes since 10.2.0.1

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:46 PM, marius.360 <marius at osssa.co.za> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a situation where my mapguide opensource setup crashes on a regular
> basis. In the past this only happened about once a week, but it is occuring
> on a more regular basis, at least once a day.
>
> All my spatial and attribute data is in an Oracle 10gR2 database version
> 10.2.0.1 and I am using the latest FdoKingOracle v0_8_5 provider. The server
> is a Windows Server 2003 service pack 2 setup, with Mapguide Opensource
> 2.0.2. The DWF viewer is being used to display the map. There are quite a
> few active users on the system, around 50.
>
> When this problem occurs and I open the map, only a grey screen will display
> and sometimes there will be a message that says "Not connected to oracle".
> Here are two of the error messages that are created when this problem
> occurs:
>
> "<2008-12-19T09:55:31>          192.168.104.33  Anonymous
>  Error: Failed to stylize layer: NEURON_ROD
>        An exception occurred in FDO component.
>        ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
>  StackTrace:
>  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 786 file
> d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
> Failed to stylize layer: NEURON_ROD
> An exception occurred in FDO component.
> ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> "
>
> "<2008-12-24T11:28:57>          192.168.105.54  Anonymous
>  Error: An unclassified exception occurred.
>  StackTrace:
>  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
> d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
>  - MgOpGetIdentityProperties.Execute line 113 file
> d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\OpGetIdentityProperties.cpp
>  - MgServerDescribeSchema.GetIdentityProperties line 1715 file
> d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
>  - MgServerDescribeSchema.ExecuteDescribeSchema line 176 file
> d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
> An unclassified exception occurred."
>
> Please let me know if you require any more info, I will gladly provide it as
> this is a major problem for me.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Marius

Zac Spitzer -