[mapguide-users] Adding OpenLayers.Layer to Fusion Map

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Wed Jan 7 15:27:32 EST 2009

I would like to add an OpenLayers.Layer (specifically google maps) to my
MGOS Fusion Layout.  I've been looking through the posts and there is a
lot of info regarding both of these but I'm at a loss as to how to
implement it with Fusion.

I can get the OpenLayers map using the following code

var mapWidget = Fusion.getWidgetById('Map');

var olmap = mapWidget.oMapOL;

and on a separate page that I made I can implement google into
openlayers using the following script:

map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');

            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());

            var gphy = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(

                "Google Physical",

                {type: G_PHYSICAL_MAP}

            );

            var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(

                "Google Streets", // the default

                {numZoomLevels: 20}

            );

            var ghyb = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(

                "Google Hybrid",

                {type: G_HYBRID_MAP, numZoomLevels: 20}

            );

            var gsat = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(

                "Google Satellite",

                {type: G_SATELLITE_MAP, numZoomLevels: 20}

            );

            map.addLayers([gphy, gmap, ghyb, gsat]);

            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(10.2, 48.9), 5);

But I'm not sure how to implement both together.  When I add the google
layers to the olMap, nothing breaks but my normal Fusion layout shows
up.

I'm looking for a push in the right direction here, or a link to an
example that I can explore.  The end goal is to have my normal Fusion
map with google as a layer which can be turned on/off in the legend
widget.

I'm assuming that I will have to access openlayers via
Fusion.getWidgetById('Map').olMap; and add the openlayers.layer to the
olMap.  But then how do I register those layers with the mapWidget in
order for them to show up.  Also, I'm assuming that I will have to set
some type of bounds or coordinate conversion for the google layers to
know where they are on my map, seeing as my map is on a state plane
coordinate system instead of lat/long.

Thanks for the help

-Mark P.