[mapguide-users] Mapguide on a CD ?

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Thu Jan 8 21:35:55 EST 2009

Just Curious at the moment, I'm looking at ways of giving users the ability
to use mapguide from a CD ?
It would have to run under Windows not a live boot .....

I've found This information which sort of helps....? has anyone tried this
before?

http://www.wellho.co.uk/solutions/general-windows-running-apache-and-mysql-from-a-cd.html

I would settle for a USB Flash drive that can read / write data...

I'm guessing I need to change some variables in the serverconfig.ini and
httpd.conf(Anyone know what I might need to change) ? I've also seen some
mods to the apache server that allow ASP .Net to run under it :) This will
make things a little easier as I've been writting in ASP .Net thus far :)

Basically thinking about field reports and the like, I'd like to be able to
load a series of SDFs onto a flash drive and let the user go out in the
field with a gps unit, find where they are and see there location in
mapguide (basically trying to keep the interface the user is using the same
throughout rather than bring in tons of different apps), create some forms
that the user can edit data in the SDF then when they come back batch update
the information that has been changed :) ....

This is a long way away but knowing it's possible is always good to keep in
the back of my head ....