[mapguide-users] Thematic Mapping

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Fri Jan 9 12:44:02 EST 2009

Most of the interesting code for the Theme sample is in the files thememain.aspx and classes/theme.aspx

Thememain.aspx handles most of the UI
Theme.aspx contains the methods to retrieve required information from MapGuide, and to generate the new themed layer.

The key method is ApplyTheme() which retrieves an existing MapGuide layer definition, removes the existing theme configuration, and replaces it with the one defined by the user. It then adds this new layer definition to the map so that it can be displayed.

I would highly recommend consulting the MapGuide Web Tier API documentation to help in understanding the code.

Chris.