[mapguide-users] 100 usd Coordinate System Initialization Problem

Aare Pikaro aare.pikaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:17:34 EST 2009

This might sound exaggerated, but I would like to pay the person that
recognizes my next problem. :) During the following two weeks (before
25.1.2009) I will choose the advice that works and announce him on
this thread. The only demand I have for that person is that he had
encountered same problem in the past, and managed to solve it. If
that's the case he can contact me later through my gmail-account
(specified below) and collect 100$ (usd) prize.

So, my problem is with the stability of our oracle database data
source. Every now and then oracle-database-connected-layer fails to
load/display itself in the map view, and error log complains about
coordinate system initialization/transformation error (copy-pasted
below). This occurs randomly for few hours at a time in both Ajax and
Fusion viewers.

And the setup is following. In mapguide studio we have defined an
oracle connection, and a layer to use that connection. Layer's
"feature class" is "FdoUSER:TABLE", geometry is "GEOM", and layer's
scale ranges are 0 and infinity. Map definition's coordinate system is
"KKJ.Finland-4 (KKJ.Finland-4)", and we are not using any coordinate
system overrides in individual data sources. Other layers, that
succeed to load are sdf-data sources. Only oracle layer is
disappearing sometimes. Mapguide Server version is 2009 Update1, and
Web Extensions are also from Update1. Oracle server logs are not
showing any errors. And I am not using any custom code when loading
initial view of that map.

Does anyone recognize this error message and this problem?

Best regards,
Aare Pikaro
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname at gmail.com (omitting real names to avoid spam)

-----------------------------Mapguide server's
error.log-------------------------
<2009-01-09T10:02:35> Ajax Viewer       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx npsoundings
Error: The coordinate system initialization failed.
Could not initialize the geodetic transformation.
StackTrace:
- MgRenderingServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\RenderingServiceHandler.cpp
- MgOpQueryFeatures.Execute line 125 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\OpQueryFeatures.cpp
- MgServerRenderingService.QueryFeatures line 647 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
- MgServerRenderingService.RenderForSelection line 1252 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
- MgCoordinateSystemFactory.GetTransform line 215 file
d:\buildforgeprojects\carrera_nightly\build_32.2\ent\os\common\geometry\CoordinateSystem/CoordinateSystemFactory.cpp
- MgCoordinateSystemTransform.SetSourceAndTarget line 902 file
..\CoordinateSystem_Mentor\CoordSysTransform.cpp The coordinate system
initialization failed.
Could not initialize the geodetic transformation.

<2009-01-09T10:02:37> Ajax Viewer       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx npsoundings
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: Kaikki