[mapguide-users] Mapguide raster problem

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:55:24 EST 2009

or buy a license for MGE and use the autodesk raster provider ...

I managed to demonstrate the problem to the autodesk team with a good test case
and they are going to look into the problem...

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Maciej Skorczewski
<maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My advice is:
>
> 1. Add Raster layer whit scale (ex. when user goto or zoom to scale 2000 the
> you display layer, you can set this in: Scale range - MG Studio,raster layer
> style).
>
> 2. add scrit to your serwer who will reset mgserwice cyclically, this can
> help when mgserwer display raster (mgserwice have big problem with
> stability), mgservice can get to 300MB of ram, and that slow down all, or it
> stop working.
>
> 3. You can try to add Base Layers, but in may opinion this is no good
> solution,because when Mgserver thry to generate image tile image mgservice
> can hand down... (try to set this and take a look on CPU and RAM)
>

> 4. Try to reduce your raster files.
>

> In may project was about 10GB of Raster files, i cut size to 3GB, after add
> Scale range all works fine , my rating is 8/10
>

> macieksk

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168