[mapguide-users] Change layer symbol

IBB INGENIEURBÜRO BATTEFELD ibb.scigalla at arcor.de
Wed Jan 21 03:54:46 EST 2009

Hi Dorin,

I don't know a way to create al layer with symbol definitions using MG
Studio.

But you can create the layer XML by hand and use Map Agent to upload the
this file. Or you use MapGuide Maestro for XML editing.

On

http://www.bricscad.bplaced.net/html/mapguide_und_symbole.html

I have posted a small tutorial. There you can find the different layer
definitions for working with symols and symbol libraries.

Hope this helps a bit - Peter

P.S.: sorry for bad English

Dorin schrieb:
> I had created a symbol layer definition, with Autodesk MapGuide
> Enterise, as the following xml file, for points :
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <SimpleSymbolDefinition
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=SymbolDefinition-1.0.0.xsd" version="1.0.0">
> <Name>Hospital</Name>
>  <Description>International Hospital Symbol</Description>
>  <Graphics>
>   <Path>
>    <Geometry>M -2.5,2.5 H 2.5 V -2.5 H -2.5 Z</Geometry>
>    <FillColor>FF0000FF</FillColor>
>    <LineColor>FFFFFFFF</LineColor>
>    <LineWeight>0.75</LineWeight>
>    <LineWeightScalable>false</LineWeightScalable>
>   </Path>
>   <Path>
>    <Geometry>M -1.0,1.25 V -1.25 Z M 1.0,1.25 V -1.25 Z M -1.0,0.0 H
> 1.0 Z</Geometry>
>    <LineColor>FFFFFFFF</LineColor>
>    <LineWeight>0.75</LineWeight>
>    <LineWeightScalable>false</LineWeightScalable>
>   </Path>
>  </Graphics>
>  <PointUsage/>
>  <ParameterDefinition/>
> </SimpleSymbolDefinition>
>
> I want to change the symbols for points, on the specific layer, but
> through MGE 2009, the Symbol Definition ( previously used) is not
> accesible. It's accesible only Symbol Library.
>
> Could help me anybody with this?
>
> Thanks a lot

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Peter Scigalla