[mapguide-users] Two maps in the same layout

Rodolfo Moreno rmoreno at voxiva.com
Wed Jan 21 10:46:58 EST 2009

Hi Jackie,
I don't understand what you want to tell me, could you elaborate on your
idea?
this the code of my beginning page

<script runat="server">
String webLayout =
"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAspTest.WebLayout";

String defaultUser = "Anonymous";
String defaultPassword = "";

String sessionId1 = "";
String sessionId2 = "";
</script>

<%
    try
    {
        // Initialize a session and register a variable to hold the
        // session id, then initialize the Web Extensions, connect
        // to the site, and create a session.

        InitializeWebTier();

        MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(defaultUser,
defaultPassword);
        MgSite site = new MgSite();
        site.Open(userInfo);
        sessionId1 = site.CreateSession();

        site = new MgSite();
        site.Open(userInfo);
        sessionId2 = site.CreateSession();
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
        Response.Write(e.Message);
    }
%>

<head>
	<title>Viewer Sample Application</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="30,*" frameborder="no" framespacing="0">
 <frame id="titleFrame" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
scrolling="no" src="title.html">
  <frameset cols="50%,50%">
    <frame id="viewer1Frame" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" scrolling="no"
src="/mapguide/mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId1%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%=webLayout%>&THEMINGTYPE=1">
	    <frame id="viewer2Frame" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" scrolling="no"
src="/mapguide/mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId2%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%=webLayout%>&THEMINGTYPE=2">
  </frameset>
</frameset>

thanks,

Jackie Ng wrote:

> The easiest way is to have an outer frameset (or 2 outer iframes) that
> points to your individual ajax viewers.
>
> - Jackie
>

> Rodolfo Moreno wrote:
>>
>> I want to put two maps in the same layout and moreover each map must be
>> themed in different way just after of that the application to be loaded
>> (the theming must be done automatically according to a placed preference
>> in the first time that the application to be loaded).
>>
>> I did a test application usign ajax viewer and I got it, however I have
>> modified many files of the mapguide extensions (MAINFRAME.ASPX,
>> FRAMESETTASKBAR.TEMPL, FRAMESETNOTASKBAR.TEMPL, MAPFRAME.ASPX,
>> AJAXMAPPANE.TEMPL).
>> I would like to know if it's possible to achieve it without the need of
>> modifying that files?
>> Also I'd like to know if it's possible to do it in FUSION viewer (I
>> prefer FUSION than AJAXVIEWER).
>>
>> I am attaching a image of my test application.
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>>  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2189508/testApp.jpg

-----
Rodolfo Moreno