[mapguide-users] Two maps in the same layout

Rodolfo Moreno rmoreno at voxiva.com
Thu Jan 22 15:42:06 EST 2009

Only for completing my idea about the dynamic theming in the first time:

<frame id="viewer1Frame" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
scrolling="no"
src="/mapguide/mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId1%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%=webLayout%>&THEMINGTYPE=1">

In this sentence you can see a parameter added called THEMINGTYPE, which is
why I have modified the viewer files. I have not found another way of doing
theming dynamically in the first time.
I would like to do it without modifying the viewer files and much better if
it is possible to do in FUSION viewer.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> Hi Mark, about your question:
>
> - Why would you need to modify any of the viewer files in order to have 2
> pages in your map?
> I have modified viewer files because I want to set a themed layer
> dynamically in each map in the first time that my application to be
> loaded.
> My use case is: The theming is placed according to a preference to set by
> the user in previous session. Thus the applicacion could show two
> preferences on the same map(and the same layout). This is useful when you
> want to show comparisons, for example: To compare population 1980 vs 1990
> (like a dashboard).
>
> Ivan good sugestion about the iframes, it's better than frameset. However
> I would like to do it using FUSION viewer. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ivan Milicevic wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Frameset sucks, use iframe, it's more flexibile.
>>

>> In C# code create two mgSession's and define two differen  weblayout's.
>>

>>         MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(defaultUser,
>> defaultPassword);
>>
>>         MgSite site = new MgSite();
>>
>>         site.Open(userInfo);
>>
>>         sessionId = site.CreateSession();
>>
>>         sessionId2 = site.CreateSession();
>>
>>         webLayout = "Library://PROJEKTI/PRIKAZI/1.WebLayout";
>>
>>          weblayout2 = "Library://PROJEKTI/PRIKAZI/1mm.WebLayout";
>>

>> Here, after <body>..

>> marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"
>> src="../mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%
>> =webLayout"%> ></iframe><div>

>> frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"
>> src="../mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId2%>&WEBLAYOUT=<
>> %=webLayout2%>></iframe><div>
>>

>> Put iframes into div's so you can place it absolutely, moving maps,
>> ect...
>>

>> The point is that you must have two mgSessionId's and two weblayout's.
>>

>> Hope this helps.

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng