[mapguide-users] Two maps in the same layout

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:49:27 EST 2009

Sorry, I didn't thoroughly read your original question. So I'll try again.

The main problem here is that you can't initially theme because you don't
have access to the runtime map(s) as the viewer's haven't loaded yet.

What you can do is hook on the viewer's loading process (like so:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/JavaScript/AJAXViewerEventHooking)
and invoke a server-side script that does the theming passing in your map's
name (which will now be available) and any other theming parameters.

When the theming script has completed, refresh the affected viewer.

Hope that helps.

- Jackie