[mapguide-users] Open map and zoom to feature?

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Tue Jan 27 10:41:07 EST 2009

I had a feature like this in 1.2, basically I did it by putting a
function into the taskpane that would loop continuously until the
map.Refresh() function returned true.  Then I sent the feature
information to my custom aspx page which returned a selectionXml, then I
used the ExecuteMapAction(10) to zoom to selection.
I passed the feature information (that I wanted to zoom to) in from the
hyperlink that I used to activate the map.  The tricky part was getting
that info into the taskpane, because my map had several framesets in it.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of
Software-Matters
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:02 AM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] Open map and zoom to feature?

Hi,

I have searched the forum and found a few threads relating to this issue
but
they all seem unresloved. Has anybody been able to achieve opening a map
and
zooming straight to a specified feature?

I am using MGOS2 with .NET and IIS 5.1 - what I would ideally be able to
do
is have a list of hyperlinks (linked to different maps and sets of
features)
which the user clicks on to open a map and zoom to specific features at
set zoom level.

I would appreciate any help or advice on this subject.

Regards
James