[mapguide-users] Maintaining MapGuide Session during Restart

bruce_weston ross.vernal at 1spatial.com
Wed Jan 28 04:33:49 EST 2009

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to do this yet? This is my attempted
MapGuide restart script to keep the contents of the session folder backed
up, but it doesn't work:

echo MapGuide Scheduler Task Starting
taskkill /F /FI "SERVICES eq MapGuideServer2.0"
net stop MapGuideServer2.0
REM xcopy c:\Progra~1\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Repositories\Session\*
c:\Progra~1\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\SessionBackup\ /E /Y
net start MapGuideServer2.0
REM xcopy c:\Progra~1\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\SessionBackup\*
c:\Progra~1\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Repositories\Session\ /E /Y
echo MapGuide Scheduler Task Completed
pause

Is there session data stored anywhere else? I really want to make the
process seamless for my users.

Bruce