[mapguide-users] SQL 2008, MGOS 2.0.2, FDO 3.3.x - 3.4.x, Maestro 1.0.9 do not cooperate

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Fri Jan 30 16:20:00 EST 2009

Hello,

I am newbe in this area and I am trying to marry SQL 2008 with MGOS.

I used this topic to do transfer from SHP to SQL
http://www.longhorncorner.com/UploadFile/nschan/Shapefiles04112007005648AM/Shapefiles.aspx

Last Friday everything was fine and I was able to see my data on the map.
Then something happens :-) and I wasn't able to see data from SQL on the map
anymore.

To eliminate environment-related issues I started from scratch and installed
new MGOS 2.0.2 server and the story begins...

The way I was changing FDO was stop MapGuide Server service, delete
everything from C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Bin\FDO and
replace it with files from fdosdk-win32-3.3.1\Bin or fdosdk-win32-3.3.2\Bin
and so on. So I was using Windows SDK files.

Using FDO 3.4.0.Beta1 through FDO 3.3.2 allows me to create DataSource,
which points to my SQL Server database, but gives me "Failed to read schema
from data source. The operation gave the error message: Bad document" when I
am trying to choose Feature Source while creating layer in MapGuide Maestro
(both v1.0.9 and r3558). Out of the box.

Using FDO 3.3.1 allows me to create DataSource and Layer, but shows no data
on the map even though I know that there is data in the table and I can see
it on the Spatial Results tab in the SQL. I check that my Initial Map View
set to the right values.

Next step for me would be to try installing Autodesk MapGuide Studio trial
and using FDO SQL 2008 spatial provider from there...

But before I would do so I have a question.
Is there checklist of components/requirements defined and tested for MGOS
<-> SQL 2008 integration?

Like
1. PK in the table has to be int/bigint/...
2. Geometry column has to have a clustered index
3. FDO has to be version ...
4. Maestro ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!