[mapguide-users] Mapguide OpenSource and DWF files

rithika rithika279 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:51:18 EST 2009

Hello,

I am a new user of Mapguide and had a question about how to display a .dwf
file using jsp in Mapguide.
Based on the sample:
    String webLayout =
"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganJsp.WebLayout";
<frame src="../mapviewerjava/dwfviewer.jsp?SESSION=<%= sessionId
%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%= webLayout %>" name="ViewerFrame">

If I have test.dwf, I wanted to find out how to display the file in the
browser using dwfviewer.

I have seen links like:
http://n2.nabble.com/Displaying-DWF-Files-td1815210.html#a1815210
http://www.mail-archive.com/mapguide-users@lists.osgeo.org/msg05049.html

I am not clear if I need mapguide studio to convert dwf file to web layout
or if I can just copy the .dwf file and use it as a paramater.

I am a beginner and our company is looking into different options of
displaying .dwf files in a browser and highlight various objects in the dwf
based on the search criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rithika