[mapguide-users] Display malayalam in the map

sreejith R sreejithrivkl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:54:09 EDT 2009

Dear Dave,

I want to desplay Malayalam font of places that read from my MySQL
database.I enter the unicode of that places in the table. I converted this
table into .csv format and then convetred that into shape file.After
conversion I got files with extensions .dbf,.sbx,.sbn.shp,.shx. There is no
.cpg  file.  Is there any way to connect the mysql table to the map directly
to display malayalam or any other way for that? Please help me...

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Dave Wilson <dave.wilson at autodesk.com>wrote:

>  The font you need must be installed on the MapGuide server machine for
> this to work. There may also be a .cpg file with the .shp file which
> indicates the codepage. You might check this codepage/associated language
> files are installed on your MapGuide server machine as well. On Windows this
> is under Regional Settings.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dave

Sreejith.R