[mapguide-users] 2.1 installation problem

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Tue Jun 2 10:01:15 EDT 2009

Removing that line in php.ini did nothing for me - same error.....the
dr.watson log in my event log lists the following (from when httpd
crashes):

"The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
06/02/2009 @ 10:38:27.130 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 77FCD989 (RtlZeroHeap) "

I don't know apache, so interactive mode isn't something that I know how
to do (though I'll gladly try it with instructions). Also, this w2k
installation is totally up to date with WindowsUpdate.

Andrew

On 6/2/2009 10:07 AM, Jackie Ng wrote:
> Ok I've just done a clean install on a Windows 2000 VM with a trunk build
> installer (roughly the same as the 2.1 beta) using Apache/PHP and I have a
> functioning server and web extensions.
>
> I also got the same problems with php_MapGuideApiEnvConfig.dll in my error
> logs.
>
> So there must be some other factor at play here.
>
> Have you tried running both the MapGuide Server and/or Apache interactively?
>
> Please note that I also installed the Windows 2000 Update Rollup package as
> well. I don't know if this makes a difference.
>
> - Jackie
>

> Jackie Ng wrote:
>
>> Not quite, from your observations it seems the main offender is the
>> php_MapGuideApiEnvConfig.dll
>>
>> Looking at the source-code, you'll see the GetModuleHandleEx() API I
>> mentioned being used.
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Web/src/PhpMapGuideApiEnvConfig/PhpMapGuideApiEnvConfig.cpp
>>
>> Now the purpose of the php_MapGuideApiEnvConfig.dll is to resolve multiple
>> different versions of php installed on the same system.
>>
>> If the only version of PHP you're using is the one that comes with
>> MapGuide, then you can remove the reference to
>> php_MapGuideApiEnvConfig.dll in the php.ini and see if MapGuide is
>> operational.
>>
>> If so, then we just need to see if a Windows 2000 equivalent API exists
>> (GetModuleHandle???) that does the same thing.
>>
>> - Jackie
>>

>> Andrew DeMerchant wrote:
>>
>>> So suddenly with MapGuide 2.1, we've lost Win2k support?? Well that
>>> seriously sucks, if it's true. That means I'm stuck with 2.0 and on a
>>> dead end street for the unforeseeable future. Is that correct?
>>>
>>> Andrew

	*Andrew DeMerchant*
*Computer Technologist*
ph.1-877-2GEMTEC x.163