[mapguide-users] Georaster and MapGuide Open Source or Enterprise

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Wed Jun 3 05:05:09 EDT 2009

Marius,

I was doing some test work on provider and Georaster (when we had
potential customer) but never implemented. Main reason I moved to OCI
interface is to be able to work with XML's in oracle (needed for
Georaster). We haven't implemented it because with customers/projects we
came across there was no need for Oracle Georaster yet. Basically I
don't even have real use case to try it out.

If you are using current version of King.Oracle you should be aware of
problem with how MapGuide uses readers returned from provider.
Problem with MG becomes obvious when provider allows multiple command to
be executed over same Oracle connection (which current provider allows).
It made MG very unstable with concurrent access.
I will soon publish new release of provider (it is just workaround for
what I believe is MG issue). In couple of our projects, MG is stable
now.

Haris