[mapguide-users] Getting User domain and username active directory from task pane

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun Jun 14 13:33:51 EDT 2009

I don't know if it is possible to read that information in the
task pane, but I'm guessing you can't.

If the DomInfo parameter is related to security, its
not a good idea to pass it like this, because
an evil user can change it very easily.

The integrated authentication can be set on a file
or directory level. If you run the .aspx from somewhere
outside the MapGuide folder, you should
be able to get the correct credentials.

Eg, your aspx would be in:
http://server/myapplication/start_page_for_task_pane.aspx

And in the weblayout, you set the start page to be:
/myapplication/start_page_for_task_pane.aspx

You then remove the "Allow anonymous access" in
IIS properties for the folder "myapplication",
and check the "Integrated Autentication" option.

It does not matter if the page is inside the
frames for the MapGuide viewer, or you call it directly,
the authentication works the same way.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S