[mapguide-users] Can anybody help with colouring symbols?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Jun 22 12:48:14 EDT 2009

In a Symbol Library, click the New button.  You can add symbols from png,
jpg, gif, bmp, wmf and emf.  WMF and EMF are vector files with individual
properties for the line and fill objects so these are the format of symbols
that you should use for your use case.  It looks like the push pins in the
Basic Symbols sample originated as one of those formats since you CAN
override the colors for them.  In the Style Point dialog for a point layer,
select the push pin from the symbol library and then notice that you can
change the Fill color, Line color and Text color for it.  You can do this as
part of a thematic style definition as well.

The files, once added to a Symbol Library, are stored in the MGOS repository
as a bytestream so there is no file that is directly viewable or editable at
the file system level.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
47° 46' N 116° 49' W