[mapguide-users] Labeling of curvy lines

Joel Carranza jec at gatekeeper.com
Tue Jun 23 12:57:53 EDT 2009

I'm having some trouble with my labeling of very curvy features (for example
rivers or a winding road). Sometimes characters overlap one another,
sometimes they are just plain crazy unreadable, and sometimes they curve
around and are displayed upside down. Sometimes also the font size shrinks
down to a size which I would consider unreadable for those who don't have
exceptional eyesight.

Is this the expected behavior at this time or simply a bug? Does the choice
of FDO have anything to do with how labeling happens?

Is there a way to force the labels to be linear for particular line layers?
Any other parameters I can tweak to get my labels under control?

I am using MGOS 2.1 beta with the King.Oracle FDO and MapGuide Studio 2009
Many thanks,

Joel Carranza
Gatekeeper Systems
jec at gatekeeper.com