[mapguide-users] 2.1 Beta (Fusion) Problems

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Jun 26 13:55:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I installed MGOS 2.1 Beta yesterday and here are several Fusion problems
that I’m seeing:

*         Firefox is still prompting for user authentication even when
SESSION is passed as a URL parameter.  It works ok in IE.  This has been
mentioned in other threads here.
*         The Secondary and Main toolbars do not appear in all MapGuide
templates.  It looks like they may be covered by other divs.  I see this in
both FF and IE.
*         Tooltip hyperlinks do not appear as clickable hyperlinks anymore.
The text of the hyperlink appears though.  Both FF and IE.
*         Several tooltip problems that I have logged in Trac have not been
fixed.  Some of these I even included the code fixes for!  These include:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/232
http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/236
http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/237

I will be voting -1 on releasing MGOS 2.1 until the above Fusion problems
are fixed and a newer release of Fusion is included.  I realize that most of
these problems are with Fusion, but as far as I am concerned Fusion and MGOS
are intertwined in terms of functionality.  I will add the new items to the
Fusion Trac in the next day or so.  My next step is to look at my ECW’s and
MrSID’s with 2.1 since others have reported problems with that.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
47° 46' N 116° 49' W
www.SpatialGIS.com