[mapguide-users] Generalize the data by percentage. How does it work?

Jonathan W jwitcoski at tycotelecom.com
Tue Jun 30 10:41:51 EDT 2009

I have several very large polyline shapefiles that I wish to put into my
Mapguide site.  I would like a faster preformance for my site by
generalizing these files (reducing file sizes).  Could someone please direct
me to the help file or tell me what the "Generalize the data by this
percentage" in the load procedure actually does.  Does it remove vertices?
Would 20% remove 4 out of 5 points along the line?

Thank you
Jonathan